Meaning & Definition Of Incontinent
Incontinent means that a person is unable to control their urination or bowel movements.
- The word incontinent comes from the Latin word “incontinēns”, meaning “not able to be held back”.
- Incontinence can affect people of any age and is often caused by a medical condition such as diabetes or dementia. In some cases, it may be caused by a physical disability that prevents the person from reaching the toilet in time. It can also be caused by an emotional event such as depression or anxiety.
- Having no or insufficient voluntary control over urination or defecation
- The quality or state of being incontinent
- Unable to restrain natural discharges or evacuations of urine or feces
Incontinent – Frequently Asked Questions
– What does Incontinent stand for?
– What does Incontinent mean?
– What is Incontinent?
– Incontinent Definition / Incontinent Meaning