“NET stands for राष्ट्रीय पात्रता परीक्षा (National Eligibility Test). It is a national-level examination conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) on behalf of the University Grants Commission (UGC). In this blog post, we will discuss the latest information on NET Full Form in Hindi, including its eligibility criteria, application process, and exam pattern.
Overview of NET
The National Eligibility Test (NET) is a qualifying examination for Indian nationals who wish to pursue research or teaching careers in universities and colleges in India. It is also a mandatory requirement for the award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) by the UGC. The examination is conducted twice a year, in June and December, in online mode.
Eligibility Criteria for NET
The eligibility criteria for NET varies for different subjects. The general eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Candidates must have completed their post-graduation or equivalent degree from a recognized university or institution with at least 55% marks (50% for reserved categories).
- Candidates appearing in their final year of post-graduation can also apply, but they must complete their degree with the required percentage of marks before the declaration of results.
Candidates must be Indian nationals.
Application Process for NET
The application process for NET is conducted online. Candidates can apply for the examination by visiting the official website of NTA. The application form can be filled in five simple steps:
- Registration: Candidates need to register themselves on the official website by providing basic details such as name, email id, phone number, etc.
- Filling the application form: Candidates need to fill in the required details in the application form, such as personal details, educational qualifications, etc.
- Uploading documents: Candidates need to upload scanned copies of their photograph and signature in the prescribed format.
- Payment of fee: Candidates need to pay the application fee through online mode using net banking, credit card, or debit card.
- Submission of application form: After completing all the above steps, candidates need to submit the application form and take a printout of the confirmation page for future reference.
Exam Pattern for NET
The exam pattern for NET consists of two papers, Paper 1 and Paper 2. Both the papers are conducted in online mode, and each paper has a duration of three hours. The details of the exam pattern are as follows:
- Paper 1: This paper consists of 50 multiple-choice questions, each carrying two marks. The questions are based on teaching and research aptitude, reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking, and general awareness. The total marks for this paper are 100.
- Paper 2: This paper consists of 100 multiple-choice questions, each carrying two marks. The questions are based on the subject selected by the candidate. The total marks for this paper are 200.
Latest Information on NET Full Form in Hindi
The latest information on NET Full Form in Hindi pertains to the eligibility criteria and exam pattern. The UGC has recently announced that candidates who have completed their PhD degree before September 19, 1991, will be eligible for Assistant Professorship without having to clear the NET examination. This is a significant change in the eligibility criteria for NET and is expected to benefit a large number of candidates who have completed their PhD before the specified date.
In addition to this, the NTA has made some changes to the exam pattern of NET. From December 2019, the exam has been conducted in online mode only, and there is no negative marking for wrong answers. The syllabus for Paper 1 has also been revised, and the questions now focus more on research aptitude and teaching skills”