Meaning & Definition Of Poverty
Poverty is a complex social and economic issue. It is defined by the living standards of an individual or household, which may include social status, education, quality of housing, healthcare and access to resources.
- Poverty is a global phenomenon that needs to be addressed on a global scale. There are different types of poverty and the most common type of poverty is called absolute poverty. Absolute poverty means that people cannot afford basic necessities such as food or clean water because they do not have enough money to buy them.
- Not having enough money to meet basic needs including food, clothing and shelter
- The state of one who lacks a usual or socially acceptable amount of money or material possessions
- The state of being extremely poor
- To a lack of wealth or income
- The state of being inferior in quality or insufficient in amount
Poverty – Frequently Asked Questions
– What does Poverty stand for?
– What does Poverty mean?
– What is Poverty?
– Poverty Definition / Poverty Meaning