“The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is a constitutional body established by the Constitution of India. The commission conducts the civil services examination for the recruitment of officers into the All India Services (IAS, IPS, and IFS) and other central services.
In this blog, we will discuss the UPSC Full Form In Marathi and provide the latest information about the commission.
What is the UPSC Full Form In Marathi?
The UPSC Full Form In Marathi is युनियन पब्लिक सर्व्हिस कमिशन. The commission is also known as संघ लोक सेवा आयोग in Marathi.
Functions of the UPSC
The UPSC has several functions as specified in the Constitution of India. Some of these functions are:
- Recruitment of officers: The commission is responsible for the recruitment of officers into the All India Services (IAS, IPS, and IFS) and other central services.
- Conducting examinations: The commission conducts various examinations like the civil services examination, engineering services examination, and combined medical services examination.
- Advising the government: The commission advises the government on matters related to recruitment, promotions, and disciplinary actions.
- Conducting interviews: The commission conducts interviews of candidates who have cleared the written examinations.
- Selection of candidates: The commission selects candidates based on their performance in the written examination, interview, and other criteria.
Latest information about the UPSC
- Civil services examination 2021: The UPSC has released the notification for the civil services examination 2021. The preliminary examination will be held on June 27, 2021. The last date to apply for the examination is March 24, 2021.
- Changes in civil services examination pattern: The UPSC has made changes in the civil services examination pattern. The number of attempts has been reduced from six to four. The examination will have two papers of 100 marks each, instead of one paper of 200 marks.
- Introduction of new courses: The UPSC has introduced new courses to train officers. These courses include the mid-career training program for IAS officers, the professional course for central secretariat service officers, and the foundation course for the newly recruited officers.
- Vacancies in central services: The UPSC has released the vacancies in central services for the year 2021. The total number of vacancies is 712, including 180 vacancies in the Indian Administrative Service (IAS), 150 vacancies in the Indian Police Service (IPS), and 48 vacancies in the Indian Forest Service (IFS).
- Online recruitment system: The UPSC has introduced an online recruitment system for the convenience of candidates. The online system enables candidates to fill their applications, download their admit cards, and check their results online.
The UPSC is a constitutional body responsible for the recruitment of officers into the All India Services and other central services. The commission conducts various examinations and advises the government on matters related to recruitment, promotions, and disciplinary actions. The latest information about the UPSC includes the civil services examination 2021, changes in the examination pattern, introduction of new courses, vacancies in central services, and the online recruitment system. Aspirants who are preparing for the civil services examination must keep themselves updated with the latest information about the UPSC.”